What do I believe in?

” One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”

From ancient times, religion and faith have been a controversial subject.

Everyone wanted to be right and have ” the right” religion and God. And whoever disagreed, was persecuted.

But based on what criteria do we make this choice?

Well, some people are “born and raised” with it, and some others make this choice along the way.

Around 98% of the people I know are christians, but that doesn’t make them better than the other 2%, who are either muslim, buddhists or have no religion…in other words, atheists. On the contrary… to be very honest, and even to my surprise, I have found more kindness and understanding in the 2%, than the others.

What I don’t like, is how some people are trying to make you believe in something that they believe in. We are different, therefore we have different beliefs. And what I don’t like even more, is the fact that people do not respect each other’s beliefs. Being a christian might work for you but not for the person next to you. It could be a cultural thing, a personal one, or based on the experiences they have encountered.

But getting to the point:

What do I believe in?

I  believe in God, and  I used to go to church every single sunday. I used to pray a lot and live my life according to the bible,  but I have to admit that I often got confused how the church interprets the bible,and never got the answers I was looking for. As a matter of fact, I never got a “real answer”, but the same old “story”…so I stopped going to church . This was not the only reason…there were many more, and even though I have been and still am  harshly judged by certain people for my choice, I do not regret it.

But this whole situation got me rethink the entire matter. And I came to realize that I do not have to define my faith by religion or let the church do it for me.

I believe in good, in doing good. I believe in love, in the power of family. I believe in living a beautiful life, lead by principles. I also believe that what goes around, comes back around. Many people would define this as karma, but I choose not to give it “a name”. I don’t believe that I have to label all the things. Some things are just better without a label on it… it’s good to have freedom in expressing yourself.

Truth be told, this subject is a never ending story, but it matters the way you approach it. Why?

Because we live surrounded by all kinds of people. And who are we to judge? Who am I to say that my choices are the best for the person next to me? Who or what gives me the right to bring that person down for whatever reason….?

I think this world we live in, would be a lot better if we just mind our own business and even if we disagree with others, continue to respect who they are.

 

59f9ffa19679424c1f8f68f78a5c4663

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s